My sweet cousin Taylor, from the blog Tea With Mrs. Kee nominated me for a blog award! I am so excited to receive my first blog award!
The Liebster Award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. The award is given to up-and-coming bloggers who deserve recognition and support to keep on blogging.
Here are the "rules"
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 5 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog!
11 Facts about me:
1. I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family, therefore I am the favorite grandchild (I’m kidding, I am so not the favorite!)
2. I am allergic to milk
3. I work with Alzheimer’s research patients for a living. If you had told me a few years ago this is what I would be doing I would have laughed, but I love it and I am so thankful for my job.
4. I take public transportation to work each day. It takes about an hour and twenty minutes each way for the commute but it is so worth it! I get to read each day and I wouldn’t change it for anything.
5. I get up super early each day (4:30am) and while I really like early mornings, by nature I am a night owl. I don’t care how early I’m up, most days I cannot go to sleep before 11pm, it just doesn’t happen.
6. I have two dogs; Ace is a 6 year old rat terrier that thinks he’s special, and Pippen is a 4 year old Scottish terrier and he is as sweet as can be.
7. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in Kinesiology
8. I worked through college as a nanny – I love kids and it was usually an easy way to make money and fit my classes in. I also spent a couple of years working as a personal trainer.
9. I do not like olives.
10. I like to go to half price books and browse the clearance section and buy random books. Sometimes it takes me a year or two to get around to reading them because my stack of To-Be-Read books is huge!
11. I drive a hand-me-down car from my sister, it’s name is Elmo and I am so very thankful for that car.
1. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, hands down!
2. What was your old school AOL screenname or old yahoo email? (I loved Brittney's question so much I had to copy her)
Oh wow, I think it was KarateGal02 or something like that. I remember my first email address was Timesalot@hotmail... Just don’t ask!
3. What is your favorite book?
Oh this is tough, I’m not sure I have a favorite but I fell in love with the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy and I was so very sad when I finished the last book. I also really like anything by James Patterson, Elin Hilderbrand and Jodi Picoult
4. If you could move and live anywhere for a year, what city would you choose?
This sounds odd but definitely NYC. I have this fantasy of being some single, up-and-coming working girl who lives in a small apartment and walks around downtown everywhere and who runs in Central Park and rides the subway and finds cute little coffee shops….yea I know, I’m weird.
5. What are some of your pet peeves?
People chewing gum, it really bothers me and I think it is gross and disgusting. But I am not rude enough to tell you to stop, if you want to chew gum go ahead, I just don’t like it.
6. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to either be an author or a teacher when I was really little
7. What was the last song you listened to?
I’m not really sure actually.
8. What is your favorite pair of shoes?
My running shoes of course – my Brooks PureFlows to be exact!
9. The best birthday you ever had was...
I can’t remember any specific birthdays that were overly amazing. I do remember my golden birthday, 25 on the 25th was a great party that I spent celebrating with lots of friends, you can read about that here (wow how the blog has changed!)
10. What are some holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's) traditions that your family has?
On Christmas eve we always open pajamas. My mom always makes clam chowder around Christmas time. We always get an apple in our stockings. On Thanksgiving my dad and I usually run the Dallas Turkey Trot together after my Nanna makes us breakfast (isn’t she great! She gets up to make breakfast for us AND cooks for Thanksgiving!) Also the day after Thanksgiving my sisters and my cousins (if they are in town) go and help Nanna decorate for Christmas.
11. What are some of your guilty pleasure tv shows?
Well I always watch Friends, that’s a given. I honestly don’t have much time for TV but when I do watch something I like Teen Mom, 19 Kids and Counting and anything on HGTV.
1. What is your favorite store to shop at?
2. What is your favorite movie?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. If money and time were not an issue where would you go for a dream vacation?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What is your favorite food/meal?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. What are some holiday traditions that your family has?
9. What is your favorite sports team? Or do you have one?
10. If you could spend a day with anyone, who would it be and why?
11. What are the top two things on your Christmas list this year?
Tyly at One Mile At A Time
Amy at Army Amy*
Emily at Paging Dr. Grace
Rain at Rain Is Going the Distance