Friday, September 9, 2011
The One With Seven Wants
1. To be a physical therapist someday.
When I was 10, I got injured preparing for a gymnastics meet and was in a cast for 6 weeks and then spent another 6 weeks in physical therapy. I never was able to return to gymnastics but I did become intrigued by physical therapy. Then in college I spent time as a personal trainer and it was then that I really saw the importance of a career in physical therapy. Unfortunately, as hard as our society tries to be proactive and focus on prevention, that is sadly just not the reality of the world that we live in. As a kinesiology major I always knew I wanted to help people, but I'm not sure the dream of being a physical therapist ever set in a reality I could achieve until recently. Now, I am prayerfully considering my options and going to see where God leads me.
2. To have a healthy family.
Although this is entirely out of my control I find it so important to live a healthy lifestyle for myself and chose a partner who choses the same things so that we can hopefully pass on good habits to children someday. I think the greatest gift a parent can give their children is their health. No matter what else a child may need they will always have love if you are healthy enough to be there for them.
3. To travel in Europe and see different parts of the world
4. Spend time serving through missions in other countries that are less fortunate
5. Go to the olympic games some day to spectate
6. Run a marathon (on target to accomplish this in March!)
7. Run the Boston Marathon, then my life will be complete!
Posted by The Unlikely Runner