The adventures of an unlikely pair. Follow us if you dare....

Monday, August 22, 2011

The One with Bullet Points

Yes, I am well aware of the fact that I've become a blog slacker! And I'm going to repent real soon, I promise. Things have been busy in these parts for me so I'm just going to give you a bullet point style post to catch you up:
  • August 14th I ran The Hottest Half. It was a very interesting experience and I'm glad I did it (I say that now!) I finished with a time of 3:09 (10 minutes off my worst half time). I feel that given the day and the heat, I am very proud of that time. The race started great and we did well. Mile 9, things went downhill and my body stopped responding well but I stuck with it and finished strong.

  • It took my body a REALLY long time to recover from the hottest half. After my first half marathon I was sore for about a day, but it wasn't unbearable. After my second half marathon I wasn't sore at all. After the Hottest Half I took an ice bath with 3 bags of ice for 20 minutes. I also went and played volleyball with friends later that night which helped to break up some of the lactic acid that was building up. But Monday night the soreness and fatigue really hit me!
  • Tuesday night I went to run with Lisa and Lucy. They wanted to do 5 miles, by body said no way! I probably ran about 3 of the 5 that they did.
  • All week long my whole right leg has been having issues. It's mainly been IT band tightness and the tendonitis in my shins. It has not been a fun week and I really need to take care of this pain before it gets worse.
  • Thursday night I went with a friend to play tennis, I did not play myself but instead decided to run. We were in my old neighborhood that I grew up in and so I run by my old house and the park I spent many hours playing at. I only went 2.5 miles because I was still having those leg issues.
  • On Saturday I met up with my church's running team and we did our scheduled 5 miles. It was an overall really good run. I was still in a little bit of pain, but I ran with my dad and stepmom and they really kept me going. Unlike on Tuesday night I was not cursing every step and thinking that I was going to burn my running shoes. We finished in 1:04 and I felt really good. My body was tired so I skipped body pump class and went to a movie with Nanna instead.
  • Last night I did a 3 mile run on the treadmill. It was an awesome run and I kicked butt! 3.1 miles in 32 minutes. I was super proud of that. I would have gone longer but it was already 11 o'clock and I NEEDED sleep!
Hopefully that gets you caught up in what's been going on in my world. This week will hopefully be better when it comes to blogging, but I can't promise. I'm starting a new job soon (not new place, just a new role) which I'm really excited about, so that means I'll be finishing up responsibilites in my old role and training for the new one....busy, busy!
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: