· Friday night Lisa and I spent 14 innings watching the Rangers loose. But the fireworks were amazing!
· Saturday morning I slept until 11 since I had been out so late.
· Then spent the afternoon at the pool with Lisa. It was the most amazing pool weather ever!
· Saturday dinner was my favorite Mexican food restaurant with a coworker.
· Then a late night trip to Wal-Mart with Mom.
· Sunday was church
· Then babysitting two adorable little boys
· And then pool time and cooking out with Dad and Denise. It was great to just talk and visit with them.
· Monday was help mom organize and rearrange her room – she said something about type-A, being good at that, blah, blah….I lost track after she said “pay you…”
· Monday night I had some friends over and we had turkey burgers, corn on the cob, coleslaw and the most amazing avocado, corn and cilantro lime salsa you could ever imagine – seriously make this, it just makes it feel like summer!
Welcome to Summer!
And on a side-note, this was the first Memorial day weekend that I can remember that wasn’t spent celebrating my sweet Mama (my great-grandmother). Her birthday was May 28th and so as a family we always spent this weekend celebrating her birthday and doing fun family things. Mama left this earth in March to go be home with God, she is dearly missed but left us with so many, many wonderful memories and stories and times spent together. Happy Birthday Mama! We love you.